Hi, my name is Leslie Householder
In the year 2000, I had an experience that absolutely changed my life, so I started teaching classes to help others experience the same kind of transformation.
But that didn't last long, because I was a busy mother of 5 children, with another one on the way. My husband was working more than two hours away from home, while we lived in a 2-bedroom fixer-upper, trying to get it ready to sell. As you can imagine, putting events together on top of all this with any regularity was more than I could handle. But to avoid feeling guilty for not sharing what I had learned, I decided to write a book.
That's when The Jackrabbit Factor was born.
When it was complete, I was convinced that the message it contained was important enough, and powerful enough to have my pick of publishers - but that was not the case.
Every publisher I contacted rejected me. Eventually, out of sheer frustration, I finally threw up my hands and said, "FINE, I'll just do it myself!!"
Through intensive research, and investing in thousands of dollars in training from various book and marketing coaches, I self-published my book and eventually became a three-time best-selling, award-winning, internationally published author of The Jackrabbit Factor, Portal to Genius, and Hidden Treasures: Heaven’s Astonishing Help with Your Money Matters. (I also became a contributing author to multiple Chicken Soup for the Soul publications.)
It was a harrowing journey, fraught with frustration, disappointment, and exhaustion, but it was also exhilarating! I learned a lot, and I know I can save you from a lot of pain. I hope you'll allow me to help you. I want to save you time, money, and frustration as you go on to successfully achieve ALL of your profitable author goals!
Choose your strategy
There is truly an unlimited number of ways to create a global reach for your message. As I met other authors who had been successful, I realized that MY best strategies were only a FRACTION of the strategies available for getting your message out in a big way.
That’s why I hand-picked a few other authors to contribute to this program (shown below), who have valuable insights and fascinating experiences of their own from which we can ALL learn. With so many strategies gathered into one place, you'll be able to choose the ones that make the most sense for YOU!
- Book Publishing secrets – to have a publisher or not to have a publisher?
- How to self publish on a shoestring
- How to make your book a best seller without spending $10,000 or more
- Do-it-yourself tricks – to save money on editors, typesetters, printers
- How to build a team of volunteers who are excited to promote your book
- Top ten new-author mistakes to avoid
- How (and when) to get into the brick and mortar stores
- Choosing your distributor
- How to repurpose your materials in multiple formats for a six-figure income
- Basic internet marketing tips and tricks for authors
- How to find the time to get your book done and marketed
- Your cover design – do it yourself, hire it out, or what? How?
- Finish it fast, or make it amazing? Or both?
Meet the Profitable Author Panel
Leslie Householder created The Profitable Author program as the award winning, best-selling author of The Jackrabbit Factor, Portal to Genius, and Hidden Treasures: Heaven’s Astonishing Help with Your Money Matters. Having worked on the team that helped Jack Canfield launch his best-selling book, “Success Principles,” she utilized what she learned to duplicate best seller success for her own books. Her writings have since been published internationally in several languages, and she has tips to share about online marketing and monetization strategies for self-published authors. Leslie helps you utilize the principles of success to position yourself for those “lucky breaks” on which the most profitable authors rely.
John C. Robinson is an award-winning author and an in-demand international speaker. For several years, he served as Program Director for one of Bob Proctor’s premier business divisions and now spends most of his time working in nature, authoring and publishing books, serving as an entrepreneurial business development coach, and providing keynote speaker services. He has spent over 30 years living his passion and built a successful business around it. He has tips to share on how to use a book to establish yourself as an expert in your field, and unlock hidden income sources already existing within your business. John's subject: BIRD WATCHING!!
Marnie Pehrson is a best-selling author, speaker, and online publicist who helps spiritually-minded entrepreneurs find their place in the world and deliver their messages online. She was the creator of the longest running online content directory, where authors promoted their articles, press releases, information products, videos, audios and expertise. Marnie is also a mother of 6 and the author of 21 fiction and nonfiction titles. If there’s truth or talent to be highlighted, Marnie’s the girl. Her mission is to help you live yours in practical effective ways. It was Marnie’s expertise and encouragement that got Leslie Householder (and countless other authors) to start writing, marketing, and profiting from their books online.
M Bridget Cook Burch is an author, speaker, and life coach who has been writing stories of transformation since she was young. Always curious and awed by the extremes of human behavior, she co-authored Shattered Silence, the Untold Story of a Serial Killer’s Daughter with Melissa G. Moore, daughter of the infamous Happy Face serial murderer. She also co-authored Skinhead Confessions: From Hate to Hope with former high-ranking white power leader TJ Leyden. In her writing, Bridget loves to inspire and be inspired by people from all walks of life. She has tips to share from her real-world experience with traditional publishing and presently owns and operates a public relations and consulting firm.
Valerie Ackley graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Business Management and worked eight years in the telecommunications industry before becoming a full-time homemaker. She is raising 5 sons and self-published the popular children’s book, What are You Thinking? which was stocked in every Costco in Utah for over a year. It was an award winning finalist in the Children’s ‘Mind/Body/Spirit’ category of the National Best Books 2009 Awards, sponsored by USA Book News. She has leveraged her exposure through newsprint and radio interviews and has valuable information to share about printing in China.
Julie Coulter Bellon is a successful author in both the self-publishing and traditional publishing world, with several best-sellers. She was an editor at a publishing company for seven years and has tips and tricks to help aspiring writers break into the publishing industry. She currently teaches a journalism course for BYU Continuing Education. Julie is the mother of eight children and is an expert at finding time to write in between children’s activities and mom duties. She is tireless in helping other writers on their journey and is a sought-after speaker because of her love for learning and ability to share the knowledge she’s gained. You can find out more about Julie and all her writing projects at www.juliebellon.com
What my students have to say...
Some great things have been happening for me… it’s set me in motion mentally to receive new ideas that will be profitable… I left with all of my questions answered. You over-delivered… It was a wonderful combination of profitable author tips AND tips to help live according to the laws of prosperity. Thank you...!
This powerful program was created from a live event. It consists of over 2.5 hours of video with a 150-page guide, delivered immediately with the following four units:
- Welcome and Orientation
- Honor the Spark!
- Video - The Magic and Miracle of Living Your Purpose
- Profitable Author Psychology
- Video - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to China
- Video - The Anatomy of an Amazon Best Seller Launch
- Video - Earning Profits from Your Passions
- Video - Author Panel Q/A
- Setting Your Author Success Goals
- Your Story
- Stickman Concept for Authors
- The Author of Your Success
- My Favorite Rejection Letter
- The Author's Scrapbook
- Getting it Done
- Book Publishing secrets – To Have a Publisher or Not?
- The Anatomy of a Publisher's Contract
- What About Foreign Rights?
- Sample Non-Disclosure Agreement to Protect Your Intellectual Property
- Sample foreign Rights Contract with a Reputable Publisher
- Some Final Questions for my Book Agent
- How to Self-Publish on a Shoestring
- Typesetting Your Book
- Choosing your Chapter Titles
- Finish it Fast, Make it Amazing, or Both?
- Finding the Time to get Your Book Done
- Making it Profitable
- Top Ten New-author Mistakes to Avoid
- Choosing Your Distributor
- How to Repurpose Your Materials for a Six-figure Income
- Basic Internet Marketing Tips and Tricks for Authors
- Video - How to Earn Six-figures Giving Your Book Away for FREE
- How to Build a Team of Volunteers Who Are Excited to Promote Your Book
- Lessons Learned from my Best Seller Launch
- Getting Free Publicity
- Wrap-up and Next Steps